At the end of the summer, we sometimes see some damage done to our hair due to the sun, sea, swimming pools and wind. Here are our Rock & Ruddle top tips to keep your hair healthy.
- Condition. Condition. Consider choosing the most conditioning shampoo and conditioner available.
- Use your Rock & Ruddle natural boar bristle hairbrush to spread your naturally produced conditioning oils (sebum) from your scalp to the tips of your hair making your hair silky and shiny.
- Avoid applying excess or unnecessary heat from your hair dryer or straighteners.
- Wash less often to avoid drying your hair.
- Use a nourishing hair mask once a week and also before and after swimming.
- If you are spending a lot of time in the sun and the wind consider using a hair protection product offering UV protection.
- Wear a stylish hat, scarf or headband to shelter your hair from the sun's damaging rays.
- Consider a shorter hair cut or at least keeping your hair regularly trimmed to prevent any splitting and dryness at the ends of your hair.
- Coloured hair is ultra-susceptible to sun damage so, if possible, consider skipping your typical colour routine or choosing gentle highlights.
- Nourish and hydrate your hair from the inside out by drinking plenty of water and eating a balanced diet featuring foods such as eggs, oily fish, leafy greens, avocados, sweet potatoes, berries, nuts and seeds that are full of key nutrients including protein, healthy omega fats, Biotin, vitamins A, C, D and E as well as minerals zinc and iron.