After the wonderful success of our first Art Competition last year we thought it would be great to hold a design competition again this year. Our competition is open to aspiring artists of any age. We will have three winning age categories: one for the under 10s, one for those 10 to 18 and one for those over 18. Our winners will be announced at the end of April 2021.
The prize will be a large Rock & Ruddle hairbrush for you with your very own design on it! ❤️
We now have a “Design Your Own” hairbrush service on our website (inspired by our competition last year) and we see many gorgeous designs from customers throughout the year…
If you would like to join in please read more about the competition and join in at the link below:
1. Don’t brush your hair when it is wet.
Use a Rock & Ruddle wide tooth comb to get the tangles out instead.
2. Choose the right hairbrush.
A Rock & Ruddle paddle shaped hairbrush with natural bristles on a rubber cushion will be the kindest to your hair and best for daily brushing. It will detangle your hair without breaking or pulling.
3. Work your way up from the bottom.
Start with small gentle strokes from the bottom and work your way up to the scalp. If you start by pulling from the top, the hairbrush will make the tangles tighter.
4. Lots of strokes.
Keep brushing once you have got all the tangles out to increase the shine. The oils from your scalp are healthy ones that will strengthen and enhance your hair as well as making it look sleek and shiny as long as you use a brush with natural bristles. Natural bristles have microscopic scales on them which carry the oils down the hair shaft. Plastic bristles do not work like this and won’t give you the same effect.
At Rock & Ruddle we were inspired to create hairbrushes that are both lovely to look at and that care beautifully for your hair.
Here are some of the key features of our hairbrushes that will help you to choose your Rock & Ruddle
Our hairbrushes all offer natural bristles, which are renowned for caring for your hair due to the structure of the bristle being similar to our own hair. Each bristle easily glides against and through your hair detangling and conditioning your hair by spreading the natural oils from your scalp throughout your hair making it glossy, supple and healthy.
Our hairbrushes offer a choice of three different natural bristle types. The choice of bristle type will depend on your hair type:
We offer mixed bristles with a nylon tip in each bristle bundle which is ideal for detangling and conditioning normal to thick hair. This is our best selling bristle pad type.
For those with fine hair or a sensitive scalp we offer a very gentle 100% pure natural bristle hairbrush.
Finally for our youngest customers we offer a lovely very soft white natural bristle hairbrush just in our small size brush. This bristle type is ideal for baby’s first hair and up to the age of around two years.
2. Rubber Pads: the rubber pads in our hairbrushes ensure that brushing your hair feels gentle and does not pull your hair, which could cause damage (breaking and tearing) to the individual hair strands. In addition the rubber pads ensure that the brushing action is not painful which is a feature much appreciated by many of our younger customers and their Mums and Dads too! Rock & Ruddle transforms hair brushing from a task into a joy.
3. Designs: Please choose the one you love best! It can be difficult to choose…
4. There is a choice of a small size hairbrush ideal for handbags and sports bags or a large hairbrush that is luxurious to enjoy in the comfort of your home.
5. Easy to clean. Our hairbrushes have been designed so that you can take out the rubber bristle pads in order to clean your hairbrush. Simply gently remove old hair from the brush and bristles with your Rock & Ruddle comb (coming soon!). Wash the bristles by dipping them in warm soapy water. Carefully rinse with cold water and towel dry to remove and soak up any excess water. The bristle pad may be removed for thorough cleaning, and then clicked back into the brush back. Avoid submerging the whole brush. Which could trap water behind the bristle pad and not dry out properly.
Treat yourself or gift a beautiful personalised Rock & Ruddle hairbrush to a special person.
Rock & Ruddle offers unique and gorgeous personalised hairbrushes. Our company was launched in 2012 and has since become a leader in offering this lovely gift item. We also offer a range of wonderful non personalised hairbrushes.
Our personalised hairbrush range its available from our website and offers eight tempting designs. There is a design for every taste created by talented artist Clare Mackie. You will find a myriad of choice from delicate feminine roses to bright and vibrant geometric lines to sailing boats or camouflage.
Simply enter your name on your chosen design on our website and your hairbrush will be individually manufactured (the name and design will not wear way over time or with use) and delivered within 14 days.
There is a choice of a small size hairbrush which is ideal for handbags and sports bags or a large hairbrush which is luxurious to enjoy in the comfort of your home.
Our customers also have a choice of three bristle types. Our natural bristles make our hairbrushes comfortable to use (no pulling or pain) and condition your hair by spreading the natural oils from your scalp throughout your hair making it glossy and supple.
We offer mixed bristles with a nylon tip in each bristle bundle which is ideal for detangling and conditioning normal to thick hair. This is our best selling bristle pad type. For those with fine hair or sensitive scalp we offer a 100% pure natural bristle hairbrush. Finally for our youngest customers we offer a lovely very soft white natural bristle hairbrush just in our small size brush. This bristle type is ideal for baby’s first hair and up to the age of around two years.
Treat yourself or gift a beautiful personalised Rock & Ruddle hairbrush to a special person. A gift that will last and be loved.